At Clarke Maintenance Services we can provide Electrical Vehicle Charging installations services for domestic and commercial use.
- the planning and design of the Electrical Vehicle Charging installation
- to work in collaboration with manufacturers as their preferred installation contractor
- provide a full maintenance service on the charging stations and elements
- we offer a reactive breakdown and maintenance service with 24/7 assistance
Our clients can be assured of our expertise in this area as our engineers are fully insured and qualified having completed extensive and approved training.
Want to know more about Electrical Vehicle Charging?
With the increase of electrical vehicles in the UK, the need for more charging points both in our homes, in public places and in commercial locations has grown considerably.
There are three types of charge options available:
- Slow Charge – this can take 7 -8 hours when connected to the car battery and typically are 3 kW (13-16 amps). It is possible to use a standard plug socket, however, it is recommended that instead a dedicated unit is installed.
- Faster Charge – this can take 3-4 hours when connected to the car battery and typically are 7-22 kW.
- Rapid Charge – this can take 30 minutes to charge up to 80% when connected to the car battery. There are two types: AC – approx. 43 kW or DC – approx. 50 kW. Which one to choose will depend on your model of the Electrical Vehicle model and attachment.
Government Grant Scheme
The UK Government have grants available to support the use of electric and hybrid vehicles via the Office of Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV)
The grants can be used towards the cost and installation of a home Electrical Vehicle Charging point.
This can be used for most electric and plug-in hybrid cars – a current list of eligible vehicles can be viewed here
It is possible to claim for one charge point per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
In addition, the OLEV offers a Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) grant that can be claimed by any business, charity, or public authority. The grants can be used towards the cost of purchasing and installing workplace charging points, up to 40 sockets.
- You need to have leased an eligible electric or plug-in hybrid vehicle for at least six months or have purchased one on or after 1st October 2016 onwards
- You must have off-street parking
- You must install an OLEV-approved charge point
- The date of installation must not be more than 4 months ahead of the date of delivery or date the customer becomes the registered driver of the electric vehicle.
- You must use an OLEV-approved charge point installer
To request further information or to book an appointment, contact Clarke Maintenance Services on 01928 772 761